If you are currently enrolled (academic year 2020-2021) in a certification or a 2-year degree in healthcare related STEM fields, this maybe a scholarship opportunity for you!
The AbbVie Foundation is the founding partner of the UNCF Healthcare Workforce Diversity Program, a comprehensive HBCU healthcare professionals pipeline program preparing and motivating Black people to pursue a wide variety of careers in healthcare.
They just announced a one-year renewable scholarship of up to $5,000 that includes academic and career support services to students pursuing two-year degree programs.
The UNCF Healthcare Workforce Diversity Program aims to address the racial imbalance in the healthcare workforce that can potentially exacerbate health disparities in Black communities. Scholarship, academic and career development support will be given to students who are interested in a career in healthcare, but who might otherwise not have an opportunity to go beyond their high school diploma to earn a credential.
Applicants for the Program must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an African American student pursing a certification or a 2-year degree in healthcare related STEM fields such as:
- EKG Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- MRI Technologist
- Certified Patient Care Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Community Health Worker
- Certified Nursing or Medical Assistants
- Respiratory Therapist
- Surgical Technologist
- And many others
- Must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) each year and must be eligible for Federal financial aid.
- Must have unmet financial need as determined by the student’s college or university financial aid office.
- Must meet the institution’s SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress) requirements.
- Have an interest in pursuing a career in the healthcare sector.
Applicants who are not enrolled in a certificate or an associates degree program during the 2020-2021 school year are encouraged to apply for the UNCF Healthcare Workforce Diversity Program Scholarship during the 2021-2022 academic year.
The deadline to apply is April 15th, 2021.
Share this with someone who should apply!
Deltas1 week ago
Delta Sigma Theta Sorors Who Have Served As US Ambassadors
Deltas1 week ago
Delta Sigma Theta Just Chartered An International Chapter Covering Angola, Kenya, Lesotho, Eswatini, and South Africa
Deltas2 days ago
Deltas In Africa: Delta Sigma Theta Just Chartered Its West African Alumnae Chapter Covering 15 Countries
Colleges2 days ago
Morehouse, Spelman and Clark Atlanta Are Requiring All Students and Staff To Be Vaccinated for The Fall 2021 Semester