President Joe Biden released his American Families Plan yesterday.
The Whitehouse sent Watch The Yard a list of some of the commitments from the plan that the Biden/Harris administration is making that will affect Black colleges students.
According to the plan, the Biden/Harris administration plans to do the following things:
- A new $39 billion program that provides two years of subsidized tuition for students from families earning less than $125,000 enrolled in a four-year HBCU, TCU, or MSI.
- Two years free community college for all Americans including DREAMers.
- $5 billion to expand existing institutional aid grants to HBCUs, TCUs, and MSIs to strengthen, create, and expand educational programs in high-demand fields (e.g., STEM, computer sciences, nursing, and allied health)
- $2 billion directed towards building a pipeline of skilled health care workers with graduate degrees.
- Up to approximately $1,400 in additional assistance to low-income students by increasing the Pell Grant award.
The plan also includes significant commitments to early childhood education, teachers, government assistance and paid leave.
To see the full plan, click here.
Share your thoughts about this on Facebook and Twitter
Sigmas1 week ago
Ralph Johnson, Percussionist for Earth, Wind, & Fire is a Member of Phi Beta Sigma.
Deltas1 week ago
Karen Carter Peterson First Chairwoman of the Louisiana Democratic Party Is A Member of Delta Sigma Theta
Colleges1 week ago
Bloomberg Live and UNCF Collaborate to Shine Spotlight on HBCU Funding Barriers with “HBCUs: The Path to Prosperity”
Alphas1 week ago
Dr. William P. Foster, Pioneer of FAMU’s Marching 100 was a Member of Alpha Phi Alpha
Kappas6 days ago
Best Selling History Author Lerone Bennett Jr. was a Member of Kappa Alpha Psi
AKAs6 days ago
Miss America 1991 Marjorie Vincent is a Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha
AKAs2 days ago
Lisa Borders, Former President of the WNBA Is A Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha
AKAs2 hours ago
Alpha Kappa Alpha Just Raised Over $2.1 Million for HBCUs in 24 Hours