President Joe Biden released his American Families Plan yesterday.
The Whitehouse sent Watch The Yard a list of some of the commitments from the plan that the Biden/Harris administration is making that will affect Black colleges students.
According to the plan, the Biden/Harris administration plans to do the following things:
- A new $39 billion program that provides two years of subsidized tuition for students from families earning less than $125,000 enrolled in a four-year HBCU, TCU, or MSI.
- Two years free community college for all Americans including DREAMers.
- $5 billion to expand existing institutional aid grants to HBCUs, TCUs, and MSIs to strengthen, create, and expand educational programs in high-demand fields (e.g., STEM, computer sciences, nursing, and allied health)
- $2 billion directed towards building a pipeline of skilled health care workers with graduate degrees.
- Up to approximately $1,400 in additional assistance to low-income students by increasing the Pell Grant award.
The plan also includes significant commitments to early childhood education, teachers, government assistance and paid leave.
To see the full plan, click here.
Share your thoughts about this on Facebook and Twitter
Career1 week ago
American Heart Association’s Scholars Program Is Making Sure HBCU Students Get The Funding They Need for STEM Studies
Sigmas1 week ago
Harlem Renaissance Author Frank Marshall Davis Was A Member Of Phi Beta Sigma
SGRhos1 week ago
The First Black CPA In The United States Was A Member Of Sigma Gamma Rho
Alphas1 week ago
First National Urban Leauge Director Rayford Logan Was A Member Of Alpha Phi Alpha
AKAs4 days ago
AKA Co-Founder Lucy Diggs Slowe Was The First Black Person To Win A National Championship In Any Sport
Zetas1 day ago
U.S. Representative Julia Carson Was A Member Of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority
Sigmas7 hours ago
Former NFL Football Star Jamar Chaney Is A Member Of Phi Beta Sigma
Deltas2 days ago
Former U.S. Congresswoman Carrie Meek Was A Member Of Delta Sigma Theta