To celebrate their line’s first anniversary the Fall 16 initiates of the Eta Sigma Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. in Atlanta did a photo shoot to celebrate their bond.
Chartered in 1923 originally as the Gamma Chapter and later changed to the Eta Gamma Chapter serving the Greater Atlanta Metropolitan area, the Eta Sigma Chapter just so happens to be one of the oldest chapters in Sigma Gamma Rho.
According to the chapter’s website, current programs run by the sisters include:
- George Washington Carver Essay Contests (the life and work of Carver)
- Mwanamugimu Essay Contest, (increases knowledge of African nations and research skills)
- Project Reassurance (prevention of teenage pregnancy)
- Wee Savers (knowledge of banking skills and value)
- Debutante Ball (introduction of young ladies to society)
- Operation Big Book Bag (provide homeless shelters and children’s hospitals with educational materials, equipment, and school supplies)
- Rhoer Club (activities for middle and high school girls)
- Citywide Youth Symposium (preparation of youth for life experiences)
- Buckle Up America (increases awareness of seat belt safety)
- Scholarship awards ($3,000 to $10,000 annually to needy students)
- Support of five undergraduate chapters.
“Additionally, Eta Sigma has impacted the community socially, civically, educationally, and economically,” their site states, “by physically participating in voter registration drives, activities of the National Council of Negro Women, National Pan-Hellenic Council, and Carrie Steele-Pitts Home, Breast Cancer Awareness Walk, AIDS Walk, March of Dimes Walk America, and the Martin Luther King Week Parade.”
We at Watch The Yard would love to wish these ladies a happy line anniversary. Their shoot with Stellar Images Atlanta is definitely one for the books.
Share this on Facebook if you think these ladies deserve to go VIRAL!
Activism1 week ago
Over 1,200 Women of Delta Sigma Theta Took to Capital Hill This Week to Have Their Voices Heard
Deltas4 days ago
They’re BACK! Delta Sigma Theta Just Revealed 50 New Initiates at Southern University
Colleges1 week ago
Morgan State Just Remixed Kendrick Lamar’s ‘Alright’ and Even the University’s President Jumped In
Probates1 week ago
The Women of Zeta Phi Beta in Little Rock, Arkansas Just Revealed Their New Line With Style
Probates7 days ago
This Is How The Zetas at North Carolina A&T Revealed Their Spring 2018 Line
Alphas7 days ago
Alabama A&M’s Alphas Just Released an ICE COLD Promo Video For Their Upcoming Neophyte Presentation
AKAs1 week ago
This Is How the AKAs Do Yard Shows at Southern University in 2018
Colleges2 days ago
Students Running for SGA at Norfolk State University Remixed Bruno Mars’ “Finesse” and It Was Brilliant