In the true spirit of “Manhood, Scholarship, Perseverance and Uplift” Omega Psi Phi has teamed up with Fathers Inc. to encourage at least 20,000 Black fathers across the nation to sign the HONORABLE man pledge in order to represent the new 21st Century dad at the October 10th, twentieth anniversary celebration of the Justice or Else Million Man March in Washington, D.C.
“The Men of Omega firmly believe that the family nor the community will ever be complete without the contribution of the father or a Black male father figure,” Antonio F. Knox Sr., the Grand Basileus, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. said in a statement on BlackNews.com. “The lives of those in our communities will be better when our young Black Men are given the chance to live to their full potential and contribute their talents and skills to society. We are committed to help make this happen.”
Leading up to the march, the Fathers Inc. and its partners, including the men of Omega Psi Phi will encourage at least 20,000 Black fathers across the nation to sign the HONORABLE man pledge on its website (www.millionblackfathers.com)
Men who sign the pledge agree to the following things:
- Self-Care – Whereas the HONORABLE man understands the importance of his own health and well-being. In order to impact over time, the lives of those he cares for and serves is reliant on the way he models a healthy respect of “self”.
- Honesty – Whereas the HONORABLE man will seek to be truthful and honest in all of his dealings, engaging in the utmost effort ensuring that “doing right” is always the only option.
- Distinction – Whereas the HONORABLE man is notable by more than what he says, but what he does and how others see him. Whereas he stands out among other men with distinction, and he is distinguishable in his appearance.
- Nobility – Whereas the HONORABLE man is proud about how he operates in the world. He conducts himself with goodness and decency.
- Worthy – Whereas the HONORABLE man is worthy of praise because of his deeds and, as a result, is favored and deserving of respect.
- Duty & Responsibility – Whereas the HONORABLE man understands his duty to the responsibility of those things of his own creation. He is, and remains, committed, and finds honor in keeping his word and seeing things through to completion.
- Credibility – Whereas the HONORABLE man seeks and integrates credible assessment from others who are truthful in their evaluation. His stature is not only defined by his view of himself, but also informed by the honest appraisal of others, particularly his peers and mentors.
- Excellence – Whereas the HONORABLE man is concerned with putting forth his best effort. He strives to always make excellence his goal and achieving the satisfaction of others in meeting their needs his objective.
- Mentor – Whereas the HONORABLE man understands that eyes are always upon him. Whereas he freely gives of his knowledge, wisdom, and experiences for growth and the well-being of others.
- Giving – Whereas the HONORABLE man is a humble servant for those in need. He understands that giving of himself is a blessing of equal receipt. Whereas his giving is done with joy and without hesitation or expectation of return.
I promise to up hold the values and principles of the HONORABLE man. I take this pledge of HONOR understanding that perfection is a goal, not a reality. I will practice the charge of the HONORABLE man and work toward being an example of purposeful masculinity for my family and community.
Service1 week ago
This Zeta Phi Beta Soror Is Creating Basketball Camps in Kenya to Improve the Lives of Underprivileged Youth
Alphas1 week ago
This New Alpha Phi Alpha Video From Middle Tennessee State University Should Be In A Movie Theater
Colleges7 days ago
This Alabama State University Student Created a Graduation Remix to Lil Duval and Snoop Dogg’s Song ‘Smile’
Alphas1 week ago
Leadership Highlight: Alpha Phi Alpha’s Midwestern Region Assistant Vice President, Roderic Rooks II
Activism1 week ago
Black Sorority Member Nila Morton Shares Lesson on Respecting People with Disabilities on College Campuses
pop culture4 days ago
Listen Up Parents: There Is a New Orleans Bounce Remix to the Baby Shark Song and It’s a BANGER
Alphas1 week ago
The Coastal Carolina Alphas Released This Stroll in South Carolina and It’s Lit
Sigmas7 days ago
Florida Gulf Coast University Brother of Phi Beta Sigma Memorializes His Father With a Stroll