Iota Phi Theta Founder John D. Slade will be interred at Arlington National Cemetery on May 2nd 2018.
Iota Phi Theta posted a notice to their official social media channels on Friday informing brothers and the community on the details for the burial.
According to the fraternity:
- The internment will take place on Thursday, May 2, 2019, at the Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia.
- Those attending the burial should arrive by 8:15 AM (eastern) in front of the Administration Building.
- Upon arriving to the cemetery men of Iota Phi Theta should inform the security guard they are attending a funeral for Most Honorable Founder John Slade. The security guard will provide details about the specific location and the processional for the ceremony and internment.
- The preferred fraternal attire for the internment of MHF John Slade is black suit, black tie, white shirt, black shoes, and yellow rose. However, brothers who are veterans or active members of the United States Armed Services may wear their ceremonial uniforms. Causal clothing and Fraternity paraphernalia (t-shirts, jackets, sweatshirts, etc.) are not to be worn.
- It is highly recommended that Brothers and guests should carpool for convenience. Those utilizing public transportation can access the Arlington National Cemetery on the Metropolitan Washington D.C. Area Metrorail’s Blue Line.
As with all cemeteries, there are rules for visitation. Rules for visiting Arlington National Cemetery can be accessed here.
Being buried at Arlington National Cemetery is a privilege only given to people with military service and US presidents. Five state funerals have been held at Arlington: those of Presidents William Howard Taft and John F. Kennedy, his two brothers, Senator Robert F. Kennedy and Senator Edward “Ted” Kennedy, and General of the Armies John J. Pershing. “Bobby” Kennedy is also buried at the cemetery. Founder John D. Slade served as a lieutenant colonel.
Share this on Facebook and Twitter.
Colleges6 days ago
A Delta Sigma Theta Soror Was Just Named The 9th President of Tuskegee University
Colleges5 days ago
NASA Just Awarded Million Dollar Grants to FAMU, Alabama State and J. F. Drake State Technical College
SGRhos2 days ago
Sigma Gamma Rho Swimmer Natalie Hinds Just Won Bronze at The Olympics
SGRhos4 days ago
The Top Sigma Gamma Rho Graduation Photos of Spring 2021
Colleges2 days ago
Lincoln University of Missouri Just Cleared The Student Debt Balances From Its last Two Semesters