Iota Phi Theta Founder John D. Slade will be interred at Arlington National Cemetery on May 2nd 2018.
Iota Phi Theta posted a notice to their official social media channels on Friday informing brothers and the community on the details for the burial.
According to the fraternity:
- The internment will take place on Thursday, May 2, 2019, at the Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia.
- Those attending the burial should arrive by 8:15 AM (eastern) in front of the Administration Building.
- Upon arriving to the cemetery men of Iota Phi Theta should inform the security guard they are attending a funeral for Most Honorable Founder John Slade. The security guard will provide details about the specific location and the processional for the ceremony and internment.
- The preferred fraternal attire for the internment of MHF John Slade is black suit, black tie, white shirt, black shoes, and yellow rose. However, brothers who are veterans or active members of the United States Armed Services may wear their ceremonial uniforms. Causal clothing and Fraternity paraphernalia (t-shirts, jackets, sweatshirts, etc.) are not to be worn.
- It is highly recommended that Brothers and guests should carpool for convenience. Those utilizing public transportation can access the Arlington National Cemetery on the Metropolitan Washington D.C. Area Metrorail’s Blue Line.
As with all cemeteries, there are rules for visitation. Rules for visiting Arlington National Cemetery can be accessed here.
Being buried at Arlington National Cemetery is a privilege only given to people with military service and US presidents. Five state funerals have been held at Arlington: those of Presidents William Howard Taft and John F. Kennedy, his two brothers, Senator Robert F. Kennedy and Senator Edward “Ted” Kennedy, and General of the Armies John J. Pershing. “Bobby” Kennedy is also buried at the cemetery. Founder John D. Slade served as a lieutenant colonel.
Share this on Facebook and Twitter.
Deltas1 week ago
Delta Sigma Theta Sorors Who Have Served As US Ambassadors
Deltas1 week ago
Delta Sigma Theta Just Chartered An International Chapter Covering Angola, Kenya, Lesotho, Eswatini, and South Africa
Deltas2 days ago
Deltas In Africa: Delta Sigma Theta Just Chartered Its West African Alumnae Chapter Covering 15 Countries
Colleges2 days ago
Morehouse, Spelman and Clark Atlanta Are Requiring All Students and Staff To Be Vaccinated for The Fall 2021 Semester