We at WatchTheYard.com have compiled a list of “Eight Movies Streaming On Hulu Every Black Person Should See.”
Whether it is a “Hulu and Chill” night or you are looking to catch up on that movie everybody always talks about that you never got a chance to see, this is a great list for you.
Click on the arrows below to view our gallery:
Trevor Noah: African American
Celebrated as the most popular comedian in South Africa and the person who is about to replace John Stewart on the Daily Show, Trevor Noah takes the stage in “African American” to explore his often-bewildering journey of arriving in America and simply wanting to be “black.” Noah shares his perspective of growing up a mixed-race child under Apartheid, and fearlessly breaks down racial stereotypes on all sides by becoming what Newsweek calls a “cultural chameleon.”
38 Black Owned Banks And Credit Unions: Putting Your Money Where It Counts
You always hear people talking about investing in the community and letting money circulate as a way to strengthen neighborhoods but did you know that doing this isn’t actually that hard?
It turns out that there are already over 35 African-American owned banks and credit unions in the United States where you can put your money if you find these type of efforts for financial stability and reinvestment in the Black community important.
Check out the list below!
- Omega Psi Phi Credit Union – Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Phi Beta Sigma Federal Credit Union – Washington, DC
- One United Bank – Los Angeles, California
- FAMU Federal Credit Union – Tallahassee, Florida
- Credit Union of Atlanta – Atlanta, Georgia
- North Milwaukee State Bank – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Seaway Bank – Chicago, Illinois
- The Harbor Bank- Baltimore, Maryland
- Liberty Bank – New Orleans, Louisiana
- United Bank of Philidelphia – Philidelphia, Penn
- Alamerica Bank – Birmingham, Alabama
- Broadway Federal Bank – Los Angeles, California
- Carver State Bank – Savannah, Georgia
- Capital City Bank – Atlanta, Georgia
- Citizens Trust Bank – Atlanta, Georgia
- City National Bank – Newark, New Jersey
- Commonwealth National Bank – Mobile, Alabama
- Industrial Bank – Washington D.C.
- First Tuskegee Bank – Tuskegee, Alabama
- Mechanics & Farmers Bank – Durham, North Carolina
- First Independence Bank – Detroit, Michigan
- First State Bank – Danville, Virginia
- Illinois Service Federal – Chicago, Illinois
- Unity National Bank – Houston, Texas
- Carver Federal Savings Bank – New York, New York
- OneUnited Bank – Miami, Florida
- OneUnited Bank – Boston, Massachusetts
- Tri-State Bank – Memphis, Tennesse
- Citizens Bank – Nashville, Tennessee
- South Carolina Community Bank – Columbia, South Carolina
- Columbia Savings and Loan – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Liberty Bank – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Liberty Bank – Kansas City, Missouri
- Citizen Trust Bank – Birmingham, Alabama
- Liberty Bank – Chicago, Illinois
- Liberty Bank – Jackson, Mississippi
- Toledo Urban Credit Union – Toledo, Ohio
- Hill District Credit Union – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Are you currently putting money in a black owned bank? Leave any testimonials you have below!
Share this on Facebook if you think this list deserves to be seen.
Get That Money! Six Grants For Black Women-Owned Small Businesses
Do you have a business that would benefit greatly with some extra financial help from a grant?
Today, Black women own roughly 14 percent of all businesses in the country owned by women, which tallies to around 1.3 million businesses, according to Huffington Post which also says,
“While nationally African American women comprise 14% of all women-owned firms, African American women comprise a greater than average share of all women-owned firms in Georgia (35%), Maryland (33%), and Illinois (22%).”
There are a lot of grants out there that get overlooked and while finding a grant specifically targeted toward African-American women can be challenging, the best way to bring in start-up funds is to look for funds targeted to minorities and women.
We at WatchTheYard.com suggest that you also look for industry-specific grants.
To help all of you small business owning ladies out there, we have created a list of small business grants for women.
Do you know of any good business grants for women? Tell us about them in the comment section below and share this list with an entrepreneur.
Black Fraternity Fathers and Their Children Speak Out About The Importance of Great Dads
Members of Black fraternities make up some of the best fathers in the world.
To celebrate Father’s Day, we at Watch The Yard spent the entire week leading up to the big day highlighting fathers who are members of D9 orgs.
We have compiled a list of our favorite Father’s Day posts from Instagram for you to see that include some amazing, tearjerking and some funny posts about fatherhood from fathers and their children about the importance of having/being great father figures.
To get the chance of being on this list, post a picture of a father who is a member of a Black fraternity member and is wearing his letters with the hashtag #WTYfathers and a quote about what fatherhood means.
Share this on Facebook if you think these positive images of Black fathers deserve to go VIRAL!
obituary1 week ago
Omega Psi Phi Brothers Break Into A Soul-Stirring Hop At Funeral of Fallen Brother, Police Officer Thomas Orr III
AKAs1 week ago
This Alpha Kappa Alpha Member is Making History by Opening the First Chick-fil-A in Downtown Los Angeles
Colleges2 days ago
Watch Whitley Gilbert Passionately Explain Why She Chose To Attend An HBCU Over A Top PWI
Alphas2 days ago
Individual Members of Black Greek Orgs Are Putting Money Together to Help Alpha Phi Alpha Brother Pay for Brain Surgery
Zetas3 days ago
The Women of Zeta Phi Beta at Bowling Green Are About Their Business
Back In The Day6 days ago
40-Minutes Of Old School Iota Phi Theta Songs That Will Make Your Day
Alphas1 week ago
Texas Alphas: Check out This Photo Shoot the Alphas at UT Austin Just Did
Sigmas1 week ago
Check out This Joint Stroll the Sigmas and Zetas at Delaware State University Just Released