Are you a creative Georgia college student that loves Atlanta and wants to be featured on Watch The Yard and at A3C Festival & Conference, the biggest tech, culture and hip hop conference in the South?!
WTY and A3C Festival & Conference have teamed up with Google for Startups to create the #WhyAtlantaChallenge–giving you a chance to tell us why you LOVE the city of Atlanta!
Here is how it works!
1. Shoot a 1-minute video about why you love Atlanta. (Highlight why Atlanta is unique, why it is the place to be and why you love it)
Here are a couple of ideas of what we are looking for:
-Songs or raps that you’ve made about why you love Atlanta
-Short videos about why your school, community, or friends make Atlanta an amazing place
-Poems or spoken word pieces about why Atlanta is like no other
-Dance videos, comedy skits, animations or video art
Download one of these beats to use it in the video
So your video does not get taken down by social media platforms for copyright, you need to use one of these beats if you are not playing an instrument in the video.
It makes it easier for us to share your video and increases the possibility of you going VIRAL.
Here are the beats:
(It is easiest to download these from a desktop but you can also save them to your phone)
2. Post the finished video to a public Instagram account using the #WhyAtlantaChallenge hashtag in the caption by 11:59 P.M. PST September 11, 2019.
3. Tag @WatchTheYard in the caption and inside the video so that we are sure to see it.
4. Copy the URL to your Instagram video and paste it in this form —> https://watchtheyard.typeform.com/to/XWf70d
We will post the best videos on @WatchTheYard and highlight them in front of our over 281,000 followers!
The video also has the chance of getting featured on the social media accounts of A3C and Google for Startups, something DEFINITELY worth putting on your resume.
FIVE lucky winners will be selected to win a Google Pixel phone, tickets to the A3C Festival & Conference in Atlanta, and a chance to have their video shown at a special screening event at one of the BIGGEST music, tech, and culture events in the world.
Contest submissions open on August 30th and end on 11:59 P.M. PST September 11, 2019 so make sure to submit your video ASAP.
To qualify you must be 18+ in age and must be currently enrolled at a college or university in the state of Georgia.
Official Rules and Terms
HOW TO ENTER
Create a video of no more than 60 seconds in length using one of two instrumentals downloadable at WhyAtlantaChallenge (each, an “Instrumental”) or original music played on an instrument by you and upload it to your own public Instagram account using the hashtag #WhyAtlantaChallenge and tag @WatchTheYard in the caption. Then copy and paste your video hyperlink to your video (“Submission”) to Watch The Yard at WhyAtlantaChallenge. Once submitted you are now an “Entrant”) to the Competition. Each Entrant’s Submission will be judged on the quality and visual creativity of their Submission as determined by Watch the Yard in its sole discretion.
Contest Period – The contest starts at 12:01 A.M. EST August, 30th, 2019 and closes at 11:59 P.M. PST September 11, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). Up to five (5) Entrants will be selected by Watch the Yard as semi-finalists (each, a “Semi-Finalist”) and each Semi-Finalist will be contacted by Watch the Yard on Instagram on or before 11:59 P.M. Eastern Time on September 14, 2019. If the Semi-Finalist cannot be contacted or does not accept the conditions of the Finalist Round, Watch The Yard LLC reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the Semi-Finalist and pick a replacement Semi-Finalist.
Important Guidelines –
- Submissions must be primarily in English, as determined by the Watch the Yard, or any affiliated entity or organization.
- The one (1) natural person whose full name is listed with the Submission will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant”). Entrant must be an individual. No group or team submissions permitted.
- Entrant must be enrolled, and have a valid email, to a college or university located in the State of Georgia.
- Each individual Entrant is allowed a total of one (1) Submission during the Contest Period.
- Entrants and anyone featured in a Submission must be over the age of 18+.
- For a Submission that includes the image/likeness of any identifiable persons other than Entrant, Entrant agrees to obtain the consent of all such identifiable persons who appear in the Submission before entering the Submission and shall provide evidence of such consent to Watch the Yard, or any affiliated entity or organization upon request.
- Entrant must be following @WatchTheYard on Instagram in order to have an eligible Submission.
- The Instrumentals may only be used for the contest and no other reason. Entrant’s right to use the Instrumentals expires at the end of the Contest Period.
- Watch the Yard’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Contest will be final in and under all circumstances including, but not limited to whether a Submission is eligible to take part in this Competition and be considered for a prize.
- By entering this Competition and providing a Submission, Watch the Yard, or any affiliated entity or organization reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove or blur or to ask the applicable Entrant to remove or blur any non-material elements (e.g. small logos on clothing, artwork hanging in the background, etc.) rather than disqualify an otherwise compliant Submission.
- By entering this Competition and providing a Submission, you give Watch the Yard and affiliated entities the right to include your video in future media and for promotional purposes.
- This Competition is not sponsored by Instagram.
Other Important terms – Each submission:
- must not have been published previously in any medium; it must not infringe on any party’s intellectual property, including but not limited to copyright, trademark or right of privacy or publicity or any other rights, and must not contain any copyrighted works;
- must be suitable for display and publication, including for display and publication online (e.g. it may not be obscene or indecent, including but not limited to nudity or profanity); it must not contain obscene or pornographic material, it must not contain defamatory statements or messages (including but not limited to words, images, or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic or other group), it must not include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace, it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it must not in any other way violate or depict a violation of applicable laws and regulations;
- must not include any infringing depictions (as determined in Watch the Yard, or any affiliated entity or organization’s sole discretion) of any third party trademarks or logos; including but not limited to on clothing such as T-shirts, hats, etc.;
- must not feature alcohol products, tobacco products (including cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, chewing tobacco, electronic cigarettes, and snuff), contraceptives, fireworks, firearms and ammunitions, prescription drugs, illegal drugs and related drug paraphernalia, nutritional supplements, lotteries and gambling (including horse or dog racing and products or services related to gambling);
- may not include any music other than original music created and legally owned by the Entrant. Use of any music in your Submission created or owned by any third party may result in disqualification of Submission by Watch the Yard, or any affiliated entity or organization’s sole discretion.
- that does not comply in all material respects with these rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, or inappropriate content as determined by Watch the Yard, or any affiliated entity or organization, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be considered for a prize.
- Upon uploading to Instagram will be owned, and otherwise assignable, by Watch The Yard. Once uploaded each Entrant has a limited license to use the Submission in furtherance of the Competition, but no longer owns the Submission or the underlying content itself.
- Watch the Yard will choose the top five (5) Submissions based on the above referenced eligibility criteria, rules, and guidelines and in accordance with all applicable laws. Each Entrant associated with one of the top five (5) Submissions will thereafter be referred to as a “Finalist”. will receive a Pixel 3a XL provided by Google and will advance to the second and final round of the Competition.
- In the second round of the Competition, each Finalist will submit a new high-definition version of their original Submission using the Pixel 3a XL (each, a “Finalist Video”). By accepting the Pixel 3a XL, each Finalist agrees to create and submit a Finalist Video using the Pixel 3a XL following the original guidelines including use of the same Instrumental and submitting the Finalist Video within ten (10) days of receipt of the Pixel 3a XL following the same manner as provided above – upload it to your own public Instagram account using the hashtag #WhyAtlantaChallenge and tag @WatchTheYard in the caption or through some other method required by Watch The Yard.
- By accepting the Pixel 3a XL, each Finalist agrees that they will submit a Finalist Video to Watch The Yard LLC by September 29th, 2019.
- Upon uploading to Instagram, each Finalist Video will be owned, and otherwise assignable, by Watch The Yard. Once uploaded each Entrant has a limited license to use the Finalist Video in furtherance of the Competition, but no longer owns the Finalist Video or underlying content itself.
- -One (1) Finalist Video will be chosen by a group of pre-selected judges (including one judge chosen by Google) as the “Winning Video” of the Competition.
- The Winning Video, all Finalist Videos and any other video submissions, including all Submissions, may be featured on Google’s marketing platforms (e.g. the Google for Startups YouTube channel or in Google blogposts) or in commercials and advertising/marketing/promotional content in Google’s sole discretion.
- The Finalist’ Videos may be shown at the A3C Festival in the Google For Startups-branded room/stage at Google’s discretion.
- Watch The Yard LLC reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Watch The Yard LLC.
- The Watch The Yard LLC is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Instagram and/or letter within 2 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 2 days of notification, Watch The Yard LLC reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Watch The Yard LLC will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- Watch The Yard LLC’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [US] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.