Did you know that Clarence “Chucky” Brown former NBA player is a member of Phi Beta Sigma? Chucky pledged the Xi Zeta Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. at North Carolina State University.
Brown is a 6’7 former forward who was drafted to the NBA in 1989.
He is most known for sharing a record for the most NBA teams played for with three other players. Brown played for 12 NBA teams during his 13 year stint in the NBA.
Here is a list of the teams that he played for:
- Cleveland Caveliers (1989-1991)
- Los Angeles Lakers (1991–1992)
- New Jersey Nets (1992–1993)
- Dallas Mavericks (1993)
- CBA career (1993–1995)
- Houston Rockets (1995–1996)
- Phoenix Suns (1996)
- Milwaukee Bucks (1996–1997)
- Atlanta Hawks (1997–1998)
- Charlotte Hornets (1999)
- San Antonio Spurs (1999–2000)
- Return to Charlotte (2000–2001)
- Golden State Warriors (2001)
- Return to Cleveland (2001)
- Sacramento Kings (2002)
Chucky has had an impressive run with in the NBA and he did not completely part from the game. He is currently a scout for the New Orleans Pelicans and a head coach for the men’s varsity team at West Johnson High School in Benson, North Carolina.
If you want to see his game, we posted a clip below for you to check out.
Chucky Brown (19pts/14rebs) vs. Mavericks (1995)