You always hear people talking about investing in the community and letting money circulate as a way to strengthen neighborhoods but did you know that doing this isn’t actually that hard?
It turns out that there are already over 35 African-American owned banks and credit unions in the United States where you can put your money if you find these type of efforts for financial stability and reinvestment in the Black community important.
Check out the list below!
- Omega Psi Phi Credit Union – Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Phi Beta Sigma Federal Credit Union – Washington, DC
- One United Bank – Los Angeles, California
- FAMU Federal Credit Union – Tallahassee, Florida
- Credit Union of Atlanta – Atlanta, Georgia
- North Milwaukee State Bank – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Seaway Bank – Chicago, Illinois
- The Harbor Bank- Baltimore, Maryland
- Liberty Bank – New Orleans, Louisiana
- United Bank of Philidelphia – Philidelphia, Penn
- Alamerica Bank – Birmingham, Alabama
- Broadway Federal Bank – Los Angeles, California
- Carver State Bank – Savannah, Georgia
- Capital City Bank – Atlanta, Georgia
- Citizens Trust Bank – Atlanta, Georgia
- City National Bank – Newark, New Jersey
- Commonwealth National Bank – Mobile, Alabama
- Industrial Bank – Washington D.C.
- First Tuskegee Bank – Tuskegee, Alabama
- Mechanics & Farmers Bank – Durham, North Carolina
- First Independence Bank – Detroit, Michigan
- First State Bank – Danville, Virginia
- Illinois Service Federal – Chicago, Illinois
- Unity National Bank – Houston, Texas
- Carver Federal Savings Bank – New York, New York
- OneUnited Bank – Miami, Florida
- OneUnited Bank – Boston, Massachusetts
- Tri-State Bank – Memphis, Tennesse
- Citizens Bank – Nashville, Tennessee
- South Carolina Community Bank – Columbia, South Carolina
- Columbia Savings and Loan – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Liberty Bank – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Liberty Bank – Kansas City, Missouri
- Citizen Trust Bank – Birmingham, Alabama
- Liberty Bank – Chicago, Illinois
- Liberty Bank – Jackson, Mississippi
- Toledo Urban Credit Union – Toledo, Ohio
- Hill District Credit Union – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Are you currently putting money in a black owned bank? Leave any testimonials you have below!
Share this on Facebook if you think this list deserves to be seen.
Iotas3 days ago
Breaking News: Iota Phi Theta Founder Frank B. Coakley Has Passed Away
Leadership Highlight4 days ago
Leadership Highlight: DeShawn Burrell the Basileus of Zeta Phi Beta’s Grad Chapter in Louisville
Sports5 days ago
The Invincible: How Black Leaders in Sports Are Dominating With or Without the Ball