The sorors of Delta Sigma Theta at Morgan State University welcomed the students at their school back to school this week with love and compassion.
In a series of social media posts, the Alpha Gamma Chapter gave tips and advice on how to make the best of the year during these challenging times.
“We understand that these may be trying times but, we should all remember to lead with our best foot forward,” the chapter stated.
Here are their tips for getting through the remote semester:
• Meditate regularly—try doing this before you start your day.
• Incorporate vitamins into your morning routine—EmergenC, multivitamins, eat citrus fruits like oranges, pineapples, and strawberries.
• Wash your face, brush your teeth and take a shower when you wake up in the morning as you would on a regular school day, rather than just rolling over in the morning and signing into class—It is moments like this that will set the tone for the rest of your day.
• Wash/sanitize your hands before & after you leave your house and keep hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes handy.
• Wear a mask and practice social distancing at all times when in public settings.
• Take a break from social media and news outlets.
• Drink water regularly, make sure you are eating throughout the day, and exercise/stretch when you can.
• Listen to your body.
Excelling in the Virtual Classroom:
• Have realistic expectations.
• Communicate with your peers and your instructors regularly. Those virtual office hours are going to be very important!
• Ask for help when you need it.
• Manage your time wisely.
• Set reminders for due dates.
• Stay organized with every component of your life—having a balance between school, your business, and your social life is significant.
• Read your syllabi thoroughly.
• Establish a good workspace, and keep that area clear!
We at Watch The Yard would like to commend the Alpha Gamma Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta for their work on trying to make the student experience for their fellow classmates a successful one during these trying times.
Share this on Facebook if you think this deserves to go VIRAL!
Zetas4 days ago
Zeta Phi Beta Issues Statement About The Inaccurate Description of The Sorority During Its Macy’s Thanksgiving Performance
Alphas2 days ago
Two Alpha Phi Alpha and Omega Psi Phi Members Have Teamed Up To Launch an HBCU Esports League
Alphas1 week ago
Alpha Phi Alpha Issues Statement About The Death of Their Fraternity Brother, Former NYC Mayor David Dinkins
education7 days ago
Gary Vee and Daymond John Are Doing A Discussion On How To Grow The Brands of HBCUs. Here’s How To Listen In.
Alphas5 hours ago
Alpha Phi Alpha Brother Raises $11,317 for Doctors Without Boarders with Viral Dance Competition
Kappas6 hours ago
Delaware State University’s President Was Just Named Chief Executive Officer of Biden’s Presidential Inaugural Committee