The sorors of Delta Sigma Theta at Morgan State University welcomed the students at their school back to school this week with love and compassion.
In a series of social media posts, the Alpha Gamma Chapter gave tips and advice on how to make the best of the year during these challenging times.
“We understand that these may be trying times but, we should all remember to lead with our best foot forward,” the chapter stated.
Here are their tips for getting through the remote semester:
• Meditate regularly—try doing this before you start your day.
• Incorporate vitamins into your morning routine—EmergenC, multivitamins, eat citrus fruits like oranges, pineapples, and strawberries.
• Wash your face, brush your teeth and take a shower when you wake up in the morning as you would on a regular school day, rather than just rolling over in the morning and signing into class—It is moments like this that will set the tone for the rest of your day.
• Wash/sanitize your hands before & after you leave your house and keep hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes handy.
• Wear a mask and practice social distancing at all times when in public settings.
• Take a break from social media and news outlets.
• Drink water regularly, make sure you are eating throughout the day, and exercise/stretch when you can.
• Listen to your body.
Excelling in the Virtual Classroom:
• Have realistic expectations.
• Communicate with your peers and your instructors regularly. Those virtual office hours are going to be very important!
• Ask for help when you need it.
• Manage your time wisely.
• Set reminders for due dates.
• Stay organized with every component of your life—having a balance between school, your business, and your social life is significant.
• Read your syllabi thoroughly.
• Establish a good workspace, and keep that area clear!
We at Watch The Yard would like to commend the Alpha Gamma Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta for their work on trying to make the student experience for their fellow classmates a successful one during these trying times.
Share this on Facebook if you think this deserves to go VIRAL!
NPHC6 days ago
To Celebrate The NPHC Turning 91, Step Afrika! Created This D9 Unity Step
Colleges5 days ago
The HBCU Delaware State University Is Canceling $730,655 in Student Debt for Recent Graduates
AKAs5 days ago
Phylicia Rashad Named Dean of Howard University’s Recently Reestablished College of Fine Arts
Service7 days ago
These Phi Beta Sigma Brothers in Birmingham Hosted A Gun Buyback Event to Make Their Community Safer
AKAs1 week ago
ETS Leadership Highlight: Ashley Robinson the SGA President of Bennett College
Fraternity2 days ago
Black Fraternity Members and HBCU Grads Create Show That Reviews Products from Black-Owned Businesses
Leadership Highlight1 week ago
Leadership Highlight: Khayree Hasan the SGA President of Savannah State University
Alphas1 week ago
ETS Leadership Highlight: Samuel Mendenhall Jr. the SGA President of Stillman College