The sorors of Delta Sigma Theta at Morgan State University welcomed the students at their school back to school this week with love and compassion.
In a series of social media posts, the Alpha Gamma Chapter gave tips and advice on how to make the best of the year during these challenging times.
“We understand that these may be trying times but, we should all remember to lead with our best foot forward,” the chapter stated.
Here are their tips for getting through the remote semester:
• Meditate regularly—try doing this before you start your day.
• Incorporate vitamins into your morning routine—EmergenC, multivitamins, eat citrus fruits like oranges, pineapples, and strawberries.
• Wash your face, brush your teeth and take a shower when you wake up in the morning as you would on a regular school day, rather than just rolling over in the morning and signing into class—It is moments like this that will set the tone for the rest of your day.
• Wash/sanitize your hands before & after you leave your house and keep hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes handy.
• Wear a mask and practice social distancing at all times when in public settings.
• Take a break from social media and news outlets.
• Drink water regularly, make sure you are eating throughout the day, and exercise/stretch when you can.
• Listen to your body.
Excelling in the Virtual Classroom:
• Have realistic expectations.
• Communicate with your peers and your instructors regularly. Those virtual office hours are going to be very important!
• Ask for help when you need it.
• Manage your time wisely.
• Set reminders for due dates.
• Stay organized with every component of your life—having a balance between school, your business, and your social life is significant.
• Read your syllabi thoroughly.
• Establish a good workspace, and keep that area clear!
We at Watch The Yard would like to commend the Alpha Gamma Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta for their work on trying to make the student experience for their fellow classmates a successful one during these trying times.
Share this on Facebook if you think this deserves to go VIRAL!
Iotas1 week ago
Breaking News: Iota Phi Theta Founder Frank B. Coakley Has Passed Away
Leadership Highlight1 week ago
Leadership Highlight: DeShawn Burrell the Basileus of Zeta Phi Beta’s Grad Chapter in Louisville
Leadership Highlight2 days ago
Leadership Highlight: Terrell Carter the President of Phi Beta Sigma in Baton Rouge
Kappas1 day ago
Leadership Highlight: Julius Collins the Polemarch of Kappa Alpha Psi in Jacksonville
Alphas1 day ago
Leadership Highlight: Blair Ellison the President of Alpha Phi Alpha in Southfield, Michigan
Alphas1 day ago
Leadership Highlight: Omar Stoute the President of Alpha Phi Alpha in Ithaca, New York
Omegas2 days ago
Black Greekdom Mourns The Passing of Omega Psi Phi Civil Rights Activist Vernon Jordan