The sorors of Delta Sigma Theta at Morgan State University welcomed the students at their school back to school this week with love and compassion.
In a series of social media posts, the Alpha Gamma Chapter gave tips and advice on how to make the best of the year during these challenging times.
“We understand that these may be trying times but, we should all remember to lead with our best foot forward,” the chapter stated.
Here are their tips for getting through the remote semester:
• Meditate regularly—try doing this before you start your day.
• Incorporate vitamins into your morning routine—EmergenC, multivitamins, eat citrus fruits like oranges, pineapples, and strawberries.
• Wash your face, brush your teeth and take a shower when you wake up in the morning as you would on a regular school day, rather than just rolling over in the morning and signing into class—It is moments like this that will set the tone for the rest of your day.
• Wash/sanitize your hands before & after you leave your house and keep hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes handy.
• Wear a mask and practice social distancing at all times when in public settings.
• Take a break from social media and news outlets.
• Drink water regularly, make sure you are eating throughout the day, and exercise/stretch when you can.
• Listen to your body.
Excelling in the Virtual Classroom:
• Have realistic expectations.
• Communicate with your peers and your instructors regularly. Those virtual office hours are going to be very important!
• Ask for help when you need it.
• Manage your time wisely.
• Set reminders for due dates.
• Stay organized with every component of your life—having a balance between school, your business, and your social life is significant.
• Read your syllabi thoroughly.
• Establish a good workspace, and keep that area clear!
We at Watch The Yard would like to commend the Alpha Gamma Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta for their work on trying to make the student experience for their fellow classmates a successful one during these trying times.
Share this on Facebook if you think this deserves to go VIRAL!
Alphas4 days ago
The Deputy Political Director to Kamala Harris Is A Brother of Alpha Phi Alpha from Howard
Kappas1 week ago
The Dad from ‘Smart Guy’ is a Nupe and He’s Creating New Smart Guys with Kappa League TV
Colleges1 week ago
New App Rounds Your Spare Change Up To the Nearest Dollar and Donates It To the HBCU of Your Choice
Colleges1 week ago
Facebook Is Launching A New College-Only Space Called Facebook Campus