- I never learned hate at home, or shame. I had to go to school for that.
- I never believed in Santa Claus because I knew no white dude would come into my neighborhood after dark.
- Hell hath no fury like a liberal scorned.
- I am really enjoying the new Martin Luther King Jr stamp – just think about all those white bigots, licking the backside of a black man.
- Political promises are much like marriage vows. They are made at the beginning of the relationship between candidate and voter, but are quickly forgotten.
- In most places in the country, voting is looked upon as a right and a duty, but in Chicago it’s a sport.
- Just being a Negro doesn’t qualify you to understand the race situation any more than being sick makes you an expert on medicine.
- When you have a good mother and no father, God kind of sits in. It’s not enough, but it helps.
- And we love to dance, especially that new one called the Civil War Twist. The Northern part of you stands still while the Southern part tries to secede.
- I wouldn’t mind paying taxes – if I knew they were going to a friendly country.
- Revolution ain’t nothing but an extent of evolution; Evolution is a fact of nature. So when old folks tell me that they don’t understand hip hop and the music is too loud, well I guess it means you’re not supposed to be in there.
- Because I’m a civil rights activist, I am also an animal rights activist. Animals and humans suffer and die alike. Violence causes the same pain, the same spilling of blood, the same stench of death, the same arrogant, cruel and vicious taking of life. We shouldn’t be a part of it.
- America will tolerate the taking of a human life without giving it a second thought. But don’t misuse a household pet.
- I waited at the counter of a white restaurant for eleven years. When they finally integrated, they didn’t have what I wanted.
- Last time I was down South I walked into this restaurant, and this white waitress came up to me and said: ‘We don’t serve colored people here.’ I said: ‘that’s all right, I don’t eat colored people. Bring me a whole fried chicken.’
- When you’ve got something really good, you don’t have to force it on people. They will steal it!
- If they took all the drugs, nicotine, alcohol and caffeine off the market for six days, they’d have to bring out the tanks to control you.
- I personally would say that the quickest way to wipe out a group of people is to put them on a soul food diet. One of the tragedies is that the very folks in the black community who are most sophisticated in terms of the political realities in this country are nonetheless advocates of “soul food.” They will lay down a heavy rap on genocide in America with regard to black folks, then walk into a soul food restaurant and help the genocide along.
- The only good thing about the good old days is they’re gone.
- If democracy is such a good thing, let’s have more of it.
Share this on Facebook if you were a fan of Dick Gregory.
AKAs1 week ago
The Women of Alpha Kappa Alpha at Georgia State University Revealed Their Spring 19 Line with Class
Deltas1 week ago
Watch How the Women of Delta Sigma Theta Revealed Their Spring 19 Line at North Carolina A&T
Kappas2 days ago
Proof That the Brothers of Kappa Alpha Psi at North Carolina A&T Don’t Play When It Comes to Neophyte Presentations
Probates1 week ago
The SGRhos at The University of The Bahamas Created This Power Puff Girls Themed Promo for Their Spring 19 Line
Kappas2 days ago
Leadership Highlight: Curtis Burton the President of Kappa Alpha Psi at Lincoln University of MO
Deltas2 days ago
Leadership Highlight: Kyla Roland the President of Delta Sigma Theta at Davidson College
Alphas2 days ago
Leadership Highlight: Booker Farrior the President of Alpha Phi Alpha at Georgia Tech
Alphas1 week ago
University of Florida Brothers of Alpha Phi Alpha Remix Tee Grizzley’s “From the D to the A” To Promote their Week