Did you know that Jazz icon Antonio Hart is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha? Hart pledged the Sigma Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
Antonio Hart is a jazz saxophonist born in Baltimore, Maryland. He attended the Baltimore School for the Arts and Berklee College of Music, where he studied with Andy McGhee. He also received his master’s degree from Queens College, City University of New York.
Currently, Hart is a full-time professor of jazz studies at Aaron Copland School of Music in Queens College City University of New York.
- 1991: For the First Time (Novus)
- 1992: Don’t You Know I Care with Gary Bartz (Novus)
- 1993: For Cannonball and Woody (Novus)
- 1994: Tokyo Sessions with Roy Hargrove (Novus)
- 1995: It’s All Good (Novus)
- 1996: Alto Summit (Milestone) with Phil Woods, Vincent Herring, Reuben Rogers
- 1997: Here I Stand (Impulse!/GRP)
- 2001: Ama Tu Sonrisa (Enja)
- 2004: All We Need (Downtown Sound)
- 2015: Blessing (Jazz Legacy)
Share this article with your network and let them know about this interesting fact about Alpha Phi Alpha.
Career1 week ago
American Heart Association’s Scholars Program Is Making Sure HBCU Students Get The Funding They Need for STEM Studies
Sigmas1 week ago
Harlem Renaissance Author Frank Marshall Davis Was A Member Of Phi Beta Sigma
SGRhos1 week ago
The First Black CPA In The United States Was A Member Of Sigma Gamma Rho
Alphas1 week ago
First National Urban Leauge Director Rayford Logan Was A Member Of Alpha Phi Alpha
AKAs4 days ago
AKA Co-Founder Lucy Diggs Slowe Was The First Black Person To Win A National Championship In Any Sport
Zetas1 day ago
U.S. Representative Julia Carson Was A Member Of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority
Sigmas7 hours ago
Former NFL Football Star Jamar Chaney Is A Member Of Phi Beta Sigma
Deltas2 days ago
Former U.S. Congresswoman Carrie Meek Was A Member Of Delta Sigma Theta