Did you know that Jazz icon Antonio Hart is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha? Hart pledged the Sigma Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
Antonio Hart is a jazz saxophonist born in Baltimore, Maryland. He attended the Baltimore School for the Arts and Berklee College of Music, where he studied with Andy McGhee. He also received his master’s degree from Queens College, City University of New York.
Currently, Hart is a full-time professor of jazz studies at Aaron Copland School of Music in Queens College City University of New York.
- 1991: For the First Time (Novus)
- 1992: Don’t You Know I Care with Gary Bartz (Novus)
- 1993: For Cannonball and Woody (Novus)
- 1994: Tokyo Sessions with Roy Hargrove (Novus)
- 1995: It’s All Good (Novus)
- 1996: Alto Summit (Milestone) with Phil Woods, Vincent Herring, Reuben Rogers
- 1997: Here I Stand (Impulse!/GRP)
- 2001: Ama Tu Sonrisa (Enja)
- 2004: All We Need (Downtown Sound)
- 2015: Blessing (Jazz Legacy)
Share this article with your network and let them know about this interesting fact about Alpha Phi Alpha.
Kappas1 week ago
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Charters New Alumni Chapter in The Dominican Republic
History1 week ago
Exploring The History of the West Coast Expansion of Black Fraternities and Sororities
Sigmas2 days ago
Phi Beta Sigma’s International President, Chris Rey, Is Running for Lieutenant Governor of North Carolina